Thursday, April 23, 2009

Plain Jane Molly Grace

So... I always say to the girls how "Plain Jane" I feel on our shoot days. For the reasons being, that ahhh 

1.) You girls look amazing!!! Anna does an amazing job pulling out your best features! And you girls Blossom in front of us and rock it! 

And 2.) Well, when you shoot like I do you, you lay down in the mud, plow through the weeds and brush, and you get a little dirty. :) So I can't wear my best stuff or I'd ruin all of it.  And for those of you that know me well, I chilly more than normal ( I am sure not in Savannah anymore ) so I like to wear sweaters or long sleeves to keep me warm and cozy even on nice days.

I got to thinking about this the other day... that I wanted to explain on some level to you how feeling "Plain Jane" can affect me, cause it does I am a girl, I like to look cute, naturally. The thing is... I allow myself to notice it, acknowledge it and then forget about it, and somehow through out the course of the shoot, I get lost, I totally loose myself in the joy of what I am doing and creating, by capturing your beauty, and end up... totally feeling gorgeous. And it is the greatest gift, a gift unto myself, to get lost, to love on life with abandon and to celebrate you my perfect subjects! And that is the beauty of what I do!

So yeah, sometimes I might look like a dork on our shoot, and that's ok with me, because I promise I don't feel, or if I did I am over it. :) And currently I am working with my crew to come up with some stylish grungy options, so hopefully... I'll start off a little cuter!:)


No comments: